Subscribe by email!
0151 601 3558
If you'd like to contribute anything to these pages we'd love to hear from you, leave us a message on this number and we'll get in touch as soon as we can!
Alternately you can drop us an email at this page.
- Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.
- Jacqui Dillon. Survivor. Talking yesterday in Sweden. A must see for the truth about the connection between childhood abuse and and the medical diagnosis of ‘schizophrenia’. Hearing Voice Network.
- Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!
- Watch this please! We can all be masters of our own destiny. And the world.
- New production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest’ by local media project Vesbim. August 21st- 23rd Floral Pavilion. Book early!
- peter h on Hearing Voices? You are definitely not alone! Hear the stories of many celebrities and famous people who find this a positive experience.
- hi on BBC interviewer uses word “schizophrenic” as an adjective to describe Government spending plans!
- Phoenix on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Steve on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Phoenix on The Green Community Shop & Centre. A Jewel in the Heart of Oxton Village.
Popular CategoriesAdvocacy in Wirral anti-depressants antipsychotic medication Anxiety being healthy bipolar disorder budgeting CBT challenging stigma coping skills Courses depression discrimination education exercise feeling good fitness Food and mood Government Cuts. health healthy eating healthy lifestyle making new friends Medication mental health mental illness Mind Mood recovery recovery concept Relaxation research Review schizo-affective disorder schizophrenia Self-esteem Self help self management Stigma Stress Thinking vitality walking Wellness Recovery Action Planning Your Money
Quote of the Week
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Back in the swing (382)
- Be Creative (57)
- Enjoy Life (204)
- Look after yourself (368)
- Mental Wellbeing (436)
- Resources (364)
- In the News (218)
- Your Money (60)
Archive for June, 2010
Disability allowance exists for a reason – The disability living allowance is not an unemployment benefit. Why target it to ‘reduce dependency and promote work’?Disability allowance exists for a reason The disability living allowance is not an unemployment benefit. Why target it to ‘reduce dependency...
Disclosing mental health problems could work against you – The Disability Discrimination Act is a blunt tool when it comes to protecting the rights of employees with mental illnessKiran Daurka guardian.co.uk, Friday 25 June 2010 A survey found that 92% of Britons felt that their job prospects would...
Charities have welcomed Government plans to increase access to psychological therapies designed to treat common mental health problems such as...
Extract written by Fiona Jebb, Business writer and taken from edition of Pendulum – the Journal of MDF The bipolar...
Why patients are saying ‘I want to be bipolar’ Mental illness has long been considered a stigma, with people often going...
Redefining hearing voices “Hearing voices in itself is not a symptom of an illness, but is apparent in 2 – 3...
Novels about women in Bedlam reflect the scary truth Fictional portrayals of women’s life in the Victorian and Edwardian asylum system...
People with learning difficulties and mental health conditions suffer higher levels of discrimination, says commission. The Equality and Human Rights Commission...
Learn to appreciate those little, everyday sources of happiness: they can bring disproportionate joy. Illustration: Daniel Haskett for the Guardian We...
Welcome to the latest update from TTWK. Lots to digest below including details on a free bike maintenance course, an...
Simon Bradstreet and Alex Lambert guardian.co.uk, Thursday 10 June 2010 Last month, five Comment is free commenters related their personal experiences...
Prescriptions have doubled in decade, NHS figures show, with doctors warning drugs are covering for counselling shortage Guardian.co.uk, Friday 11 June...
Would-be MP on depression battle By Stuart Hughes BBC Online Zoe Smith has started lobbying for better mental health provision Scottish...
Wirral Council supports Carers Week 2010 Wirral Council and the Carers Agencies Network are planning to mark national Carers Week (June...
VIEWPOINT Professor Til Wykes Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London One in four has a mental heath problem Poor mental health affects 16.7...
Mental health is an often ignored area of research that needs more investment, experts said recently. A report from the Medical...
On Thursday 27 May, the new Government outlined plans to get five million people off benefits and into work, including...
Young more lonely than the old, UK survey suggests By Clare Murphy Health reporter, BBC News Loneliness is more prevalent among the...