Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Workbook. FREE online resource! Start your own today!
WRAP Workbook available online here from Working Together for Recovery:
WRAP works! It has been developed by a group of people who experience mental health challenges. These people learned that they can identify what makes them well and then use their own wellness tools to relieve difficult feelings and maintain wellness. The result has been recovery and long-term stability. Your WRAP program is designed by you in practical, day-to-day terms and holds the key to getting and staying well. It does not necessarily replace traditional treatments and can be used as a compliment to any other treatment options you have chosen.
In developing your own WRAP, you’ll identify the wellness tools that will most benefit you and will learn how to use these tools when needed, every day or when you have particular feelings or experiences. WRAP will help you monitor and relieve uncomfortable and distressing feelings and behaviors and identify your best course of action. WRAP planning also includes Crisis Planning (an Advance Directive) that lets others know how you want them to respond when you cannot make decisions, take care of yourself, or keep yourself safe, and a Post Crisis plan to guide you through the often difficult time when you are healing from a crisis.
WRAP is developed by you. You choose who assists and supports you whether they are family, friends, or health care providers as you work on your own plan.
WRAP has a broad applicability. It has been found to work well for people who have other medical conditions and life issues and as a framework to guide interpersonal relationships, peer support, groups, agencies, and organizations.
Key elements of WRAP:
- Wellness Toolbox
- Daily Maintenance Plan
- Identifying Triggers and an Action Plan
- Identifying Early Warning Signs and an Action Plan
- Identifying When Things Are Breaking Down and an Action Plan
- Crisis Planning
- Post Crisis Planning.
WRAP is designed and managed by you and is designed to:
- decrease and prevent intrusive or troubling feelings and behaviors
- increase personal empowerment
- improve quality of life
- assist you in achieving your own life goals and dreams.
People who are using WRAP say:
- With WRAP I feel prepared
- I feel better more often and I’ve improved the overall quality of my life
- WRAP has fast-forwarded my recovery
- WRAP gets me in touch with my inner manager