1-2-1 support with someone who has experienced domestic abuse. Plus drop in Coffee Club! #GTTS Got the Tee Shirt scheme from Involve Northwest.
#GTTS Got the Tee Shirt
Are you lonely, scared, and confused and feel no one understands what you have been through?
We have been there and done that!
We provide 1-2-1 mentor support with someone who has walked in your shoes.
Who are we?
#GTTS is a group of volunteers who have recovered from an abusive relationship and are now ready to share their experiences to help others move forward. All our volunteers are DBS enhanced and have received Accredited Peer Mentoring training. They also receive domestic abuse and safeguarding training as well as regular supervision
What does our support look like?
- 1-2-1 support from a mentor
- Goal focused weekly sessions to allow you to focus on what you want to happen
- Opportunity to let you talk about your hopes, fears and how you can stay free from abuse in a relationship
- Drop in sessions at locations in the Community
- Be part of a survivor’s network to share and learn about different ways of re shaping your future
- Identifying your skills and strengths and how you can use them to help others
How can I get support?
#GTTS is open to anyone age 18 years or over who has experienced domestic abuse or who has just come out of an abusive relationship.
Do you want to volunteer as a #GTTS mentor?
#GTTS team has volunteers of all ages and from lots of different backgrounds. We want to hear from you if your life experience can be of benefit to others who may still be struggling with what has happened to them. We are looking for people with the following skills.
- Emotional strength to support domestic abuse survivor
- Willingness and ability to listen to people
- Confident, sympathetic and can inspire trust
- Friendly and approachable with a genuine enthusiasm to support others
- Ability to work with a range of personalities, cultures, views and opinions
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Positive outlook, sense of humour and willingness to learn from others.
Contact the Domestic Abuse Team at Involve Northwest:
If you would like to be a volunteer for the project, download the form here.
Referrals can only be made using email
Please send all referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referral form can be downloaded here.
Are you a survivor of domestic abuse, are you struggling with being in an abusive relationship?
Come and meet our mentors who have been there, done that and have now “got the tee shirt”
Informal group, great coffee and a chance to meet with people who understand where you have been