Subscribe by email!
0151 601 3558
If you'd like to contribute anything to these pages we'd love to hear from you, leave us a message on this number and we'll get in touch as soon as we can!
Alternately you can drop us an email at this page.
- Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.
- Jacqui Dillon. Survivor. Talking yesterday in Sweden. A must see for the truth about the connection between childhood abuse and and the medical diagnosis of ‘schizophrenia’. Hearing Voice Network.
- Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!
- Watch this please! We can all be masters of our own destiny. And the world.
- New production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest’ by local media project Vesbim. August 21st- 23rd Floral Pavilion. Book early!
- peter h on Hearing Voices? You are definitely not alone! Hear the stories of many celebrities and famous people who find this a positive experience.
- hi on BBC interviewer uses word “schizophrenic” as an adjective to describe Government spending plans!
- Phoenix on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Steve on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Phoenix on The Green Community Shop & Centre. A Jewel in the Heart of Oxton Village.
Popular CategoriesAdvocacy in Wirral anti-depressants antipsychotic medication Anxiety being healthy bipolar disorder budgeting CBT challenging stigma coping skills Courses depression discrimination education exercise feeling good fitness Food and mood Government Cuts. health healthy eating healthy lifestyle making new friends Medication mental health mental illness Mind Mood recovery recovery concept Relaxation research Review schizo-affective disorder schizophrenia Self-esteem Self help self management Stigma Stress Thinking vitality walking Wellness Recovery Action Planning Your Money
Quote of the Week
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Back in the swing (382)
- Be Creative (57)
- Enjoy Life (204)
- Look after yourself (368)
- Mental Wellbeing (436)
- Resources (364)
- In the News (218)
- Your Money (60)
Afternoon Tea on the Wirral Roses Tearooms – Ness Botanic Gardens Tearooms are not the typical winners of regional food awards, but...
Why chocolate is better for you than blueberries and low-fat food won’t help you slim: The diet myths that could be ruining your healthDark chocolate scores higher on oxygen-radical absorbance than blueberries Blueberries contain more anti-oxidants than other fruit Blueberries are known as a superfood,...
Foods for Boosting Your Immune System Certain foods are helpful for boosting your immune system and warding off common ailments like colds and the flu. Here’s a...
Foods for good mental health Eating a poor diet, rich in processed food and stimulants, can cause our bodies to swing...
Lots and lots of great recipes from top chefs to eat well for your mental health. Feeding Minds – Mental Health Foundation.‘The time is now right for nutrition to become a mainstream, everyday component of mental health care’ The brain is the platform for the mind and...
Bananas are great for mental health! Tryptophan rich to help produce natural serotonin. Have one (or two) a day!Bananas can act as mood enhancers or mild sedatives. Bananas contain tryptophan which is one of the 20 amino acids which are...
We all feel fed up or even depressed from time to time, but this can usually be linked to some...
The biggest food myths in Britain What are the biggest food myths you shouldn’t believe? It seems every day a new miracle...
Food to warm the cockles in this cold weather! It’s freezing cold outside at the minute, with no sign of spring...
Diet patterns linked with brain health Eating a diet rich in certain vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids and low in trans fats may...
Editors note: There is the famous Latin quote “Mens sana in corpore sano.” (A sound mind in a healthy body). It is...
Food and Mood. Great advice and tips from the Mental Health Foundation. Most people are aware that a healthy diet is important...
These quick tricks will cut your calories with hardly any effort at all! MORNING (1) Eat breakfast. Research says you’ll eat at...
Advocacy in Wirral’s Food4GoodMood Cafe has re-opened it’s doors to happy customers in Victoria Central Hospital, Wallasey.Food4GoodMood Cafe Now Open! Following a successful trial earlier this summer, Advocacy in Wirral’s Food4GoodMood Cafe has re-opened it’s doors to...
DISCOVERING HOPE FOR RECOVERY FROM A BRITISH PERSPECTIVE. http://www.critpsynet.freeuk.com/LITERATUREREVIEWFinal.htm A review of a sample of recovery literature, implications for practice and systems...
Wirral Farmers’ Market The Wirral Farmers’ Market is run entirely by volunteers, and is held on the second Saturday of every...
The capsules are rich in omega-3 Taking a daily fish oil capsule can stave off mental illness in those at highest...
Whether you’re an old hand at gardening or a newbie to the scene, it’s hard to go wrong with herbs....
Do you have a spare windowsill with plenty of light and not too much direct sun? Are you interested...
Developing healthy eating habits is important for us all. We know that eating nutritious food gives us energy and endurance,...
Feeding Kids on a Budget When times are tough, food budgets can get squeezed, but it’s not difficult to eat well...
There is lots to do at Wirral MIND. I really want to join the walking group. So I’m going to! Heres...