Subscribe by email!
0151 601 3558
If you'd like to contribute anything to these pages we'd love to hear from you, leave us a message on this number and we'll get in touch as soon as we can!
Alternately you can drop us an email at this page.
- Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.
- Jacqui Dillon. Survivor. Talking yesterday in Sweden. A must see for the truth about the connection between childhood abuse and and the medical diagnosis of ‘schizophrenia’. Hearing Voice Network.
- Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!
- Watch this please! We can all be masters of our own destiny. And the world.
- New production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest’ by local media project Vesbim. August 21st- 23rd Floral Pavilion. Book early!
- peter h on Hearing Voices? You are definitely not alone! Hear the stories of many celebrities and famous people who find this a positive experience.
- hi on BBC interviewer uses word “schizophrenic” as an adjective to describe Government spending plans!
- Phoenix on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Steve on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Phoenix on The Green Community Shop & Centre. A Jewel in the Heart of Oxton Village.
Popular CategoriesAdvocacy in Wirral anti-depressants antipsychotic medication Anxiety being healthy bipolar disorder budgeting CBT challenging stigma coping skills Courses depression discrimination education exercise feeling good fitness Food and mood Government Cuts. health healthy eating healthy lifestyle making new friends Medication mental health mental illness Mind Mood recovery recovery concept Relaxation research Review schizo-affective disorder schizophrenia Self-esteem Self help self management Stigma Stress Thinking vitality walking Wellness Recovery Action Planning Your Money
Quote of the Week
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Back in the swing (382)
- Be Creative (57)
- Enjoy Life (204)
- Look after yourself (368)
- Mental Wellbeing (436)
- Resources (364)
- In the News (218)
- Your Money (60)
How do we protect authentic peer support from the threat of professionalisation? Could peer support be used as a cheap form of labour?How do we protect authentic peer support from the threat of professionalisation? As peer support models are increasingly adopted by mainstream...
Channel 4’s ‘World’s Maddest Job Interview’. Must see programme that really challenges stigma and stereotypes!Job candidates for Channel 4’s World’s Maddest Job Interview. Catch up on programme here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/worlds-maddest-job-interview/4od#3388452 There’s a moment in Channel 4‘s World’s Maddest Job Interview where three...
The Mental Health Benefits of Volunteering Whilst working for Wirral CVS based in Hamilton Square I have been made aware through...
Profile of a Clinical Coordinator within Wirral Community Mental Health Team. Jackie O’Hagan works as a Clinical Coordinator within Ashlea Community Mental...
The marvels of technology - the train to London only takes about 2 and a quarter hours these days. Those...
A mental health charity set up to help veterans experiencing mental health problems says the number of ex-service personnel contacting...
The Mindful Employer Initiative was set up to promote awareness of issues around mental health in the workplace. Support for...
`Shift is a campaigning group set up to fight the stigma that people with mental health issues experience. they believe...
Representation Request We are currently looking for 4-5 PPI reps to help out with a project happening across the Wirral region...
“Benefits helped me turn my life around” One person’s experience and the case against benefit cuts. The Guardian 17th December 2010Seaneen Molloy is a young, bright woman who was devastated by mental illness. Diagnosed as bipolar and after a lengthy...
Representation Request A PPI Representative is invited to attend the Transforming Community Services Project Board Meetings Chair Natalie Park would like to...
Wirral Bridges achieves MATRIX standard Advocacy in Wirral’s supported employment project, Wirral Bridges, was recently awarded the Matrix standard - the...
Time to Change Media Opportunity Time to Change is looking for media volunteers to take part in a social experiment, the...
Disability allowance exists for a reason – The disability living allowance is not an unemployment benefit. Why target it to ‘reduce dependency and promote work’?Disability allowance exists for a reason The disability living allowance is not an unemployment benefit. Why target it to ‘reduce dependency...
Disclosing mental health problems could work against you – The Disability Discrimination Act is a blunt tool when it comes to protecting the rights of employees with mental illnessKiran Daurka guardian.co.uk, Friday 25 June 2010 A survey found that 92% of Britons felt that their job prospects would...
Extract written by Fiona Jebb, Business writer and taken from edition of Pendulum – the Journal of MDF The bipolar...
On Thursday 27 May, the new Government outlined plans to get five million people off benefits and into work, including...
Stress link to financial squeeze By Jane Hughes Health correspondent, BBC News Work pressures during the recession have caused a big rise...
5th May 2010 Being trapped in unemployment can have a negative impact on a person’s mental health. In an article examining the...
Ambitious new targets to help more people with mental health conditions and learning disabilities in the workplace, are announced today...