Subscribe by email!
0151 601 3558
If you'd like to contribute anything to these pages we'd love to hear from you, leave us a message on this number and we'll get in touch as soon as we can!
Alternately you can drop us an email at this page.
- Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.
- Jacqui Dillon. Survivor. Talking yesterday in Sweden. A must see for the truth about the connection between childhood abuse and and the medical diagnosis of ‘schizophrenia’. Hearing Voice Network.
- Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!
- Watch this please! We can all be masters of our own destiny. And the world.
- New production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest’ by local media project Vesbim. August 21st- 23rd Floral Pavilion. Book early!
- peter h on Hearing Voices? You are definitely not alone! Hear the stories of many celebrities and famous people who find this a positive experience.
- hi on BBC interviewer uses word “schizophrenic” as an adjective to describe Government spending plans!
- Phoenix on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Steve on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Phoenix on The Green Community Shop & Centre. A Jewel in the Heart of Oxton Village.
Popular CategoriesAdvocacy in Wirral anti-depressants antipsychotic medication Anxiety being healthy bipolar disorder budgeting CBT challenging stigma coping skills Courses depression discrimination education exercise feeling good fitness Food and mood Government Cuts. health healthy eating healthy lifestyle making new friends Medication mental health mental illness Mind Mood recovery recovery concept Relaxation research Review schizo-affective disorder schizophrenia Self-esteem Self help self management Stigma Stress Thinking vitality walking Wellness Recovery Action Planning Your Money
Quote of the Week
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Back in the swing (382)
- Be Creative (57)
- Enjoy Life (204)
- Look after yourself (368)
- Mental Wellbeing (436)
- Resources (364)
- In the News (218)
- Your Money (60)
Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.TOWIE Tackles Mental Health Difficulties. Lad about town Kirk Norcross has been recently speaking out and seeking treatment for severe anxiety...
“Living with voices in your head” Eleanor Longden at TED conference 2013 California. Recovery is possible with the right support.Living with voices in your head: Eleanor Longden at TED 2013 Eleanor Longden did well at school, and gleefully entered student life at university...
Ross Kemp: The Invisible Wounded - Monday 12th November Sky 1 at 9.00pm. Following a string of critically acclaimed documentaries, including the...
A diagnosis of schizophrenia shouldn’t be a life sentence. But it will be if no talking therapies offered. GuardianA diagnosis of schizophrenia shouldn’t be a life sentence. But it will be. Patients used to be given only pills. They respond...
The Chetham music school trial shows therapy is crucial for sex abuse victims. Susie Orbach in the GuardianThe Chetham music school trial shows therapy is crucial for sex abuse victims Frances Andrade faced her trauma without support. Therapeutic help is...
The Future of Mental Health Services Survey from Mental Health Foundation. Take five minutes out of your day to have your say!The Future of Mental Health Services Survey The Mental Health Foundation have launched an inquiry into what mental health services might...
Billy Connolly talks about childhood sexual abuse which led to a life of alcohol and drug abuse. Guardian & BBC2.Editors note Tonight I watched the The Review Show on BBC2 which had a very frank and open discussion between Billy...
‘A new look at psychosis.’ Ivan Tyrrell and Richard Bentall discuss patient-centred new approaches to the understanding and treatment of psychosis.Ivan Tyrrell and Richard Bentall discuss patient-centred new approaches to the understanding and treatment of psychotic illness. Tyrrell: You have written a...
Ed Miliband: time to stop caricatures of mentally ill Labour leader to liken attacks on mentally ill to racism and homophobia while calling...
Dr Thomas Szasz. Psychiatrist who fought coercion and denied the existence of mental illness, born 15 April 1920; died 8 September 2012. A great man.Dr Thomas Szasz obituary Psychiatrist who fought coercion And denied the existence of mental illness. Thomas Szasz saw compulsory psychiatry, no matter how...
Where is the Frank Discussion of the Effects of Psychiatric Medication? Questioning psychiatric medication If you believe the public education campaigns, the only...
Scandal of mental illness: only 25% of people in need get help yet millions wasted on not addressing real cause of problems. Guardian.Scandal of mental illness: only 25% of people in need get right help. Report urges appointment of special cabinet minister and...
Britain is depressed. Especially its women. Oliver James. Times Newspaper Recently the Irish author Marian Keyes announced on her website that she...
Tips for Getting the Most out of Psychotherapy (a service receiver’s view) To access psychological therapies it must be agreed by your...
The Art of Forgetting. Want to blank out that uncomfortable argument today? Here’s how. The Guardian.Are we in danger of forgetting the art of forgetting? For decades, psychologists have understood our ability to forget isn’t so...
The man behind the Purple Ronnie cards was hit by a violent and unexpected illness: depression. He gives a searing...