Subscribe by email!
0151 601 3558
If you'd like to contribute anything to these pages we'd love to hear from you, leave us a message on this number and we'll get in touch as soon as we can!
Alternately you can drop us an email at this page.
- Big up to The Only Way is Essex! Kirk Norcross speaks openly in reality show about anxiety and panic attacks. Also Charlie King and now Mario Falcone.
- Jacqui Dillon. Survivor. Talking yesterday in Sweden. A must see for the truth about the connection between childhood abuse and and the medical diagnosis of ‘schizophrenia’. Hearing Voice Network.
- Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!
- Watch this please! We can all be masters of our own destiny. And the world.
- New production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest’ by local media project Vesbim. August 21st- 23rd Floral Pavilion. Book early!
- peter h on Hearing Voices? You are definitely not alone! Hear the stories of many celebrities and famous people who find this a positive experience.
- hi on BBC interviewer uses word “schizophrenic” as an adjective to describe Government spending plans!
- Phoenix on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Steve on It Takes More Than a Pill to Heal From Depression. Insightful personal testimony,
- Phoenix on The Green Community Shop & Centre. A Jewel in the Heart of Oxton Village.
Popular CategoriesAdvocacy in Wirral anti-depressants antipsychotic medication Anxiety being healthy bipolar disorder budgeting CBT challenging stigma coping skills Courses depression discrimination education exercise feeling good fitness Food and mood Government Cuts. health healthy eating healthy lifestyle making new friends Medication mental health mental illness Mind Mood recovery recovery concept Relaxation research Review schizo-affective disorder schizophrenia Self-esteem Self help self management Stigma Stress Thinking vitality walking Wellness Recovery Action Planning Your Money
Quote of the Week
The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Back in the swing (382)
- Be Creative (57)
- Enjoy Life (204)
- Look after yourself (368)
- Mental Wellbeing (436)
- Resources (364)
- In the News (218)
- Your Money (60)
APEx (advocating physical exercise) Archive
Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall!Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW Health. Walking, running, water polo and future plans. And tales of Hadrians Wall! Just a quick note...
APEx Newsletter Thursday *The Brambles (every Thursday @ 13:00) Location may vary (Call/email to confirm) Our Brambles community-gardening continues this Thursday @ 13:00 (please...
APEx Activities.. Johnson’s quote, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life, might equally be applied to...
Monday G.I.T.E. (Gentle Introduction to Exercise) Programme (every Monday @ 14:00) Top Floor, Rooms 3 & 4, St. Cath’s Hospital Our GITE sessions...
APEx coached football continues once again… For those of you who came to the coached football sessions in the past - or...
Hilbre Island 21st October– Bird-ringing Guided Tour. Report from Chris Shaw CEO Advocacy 17 fine folk. some fine and fabulous weather to...
BBC shock report – Inactivity ‘killing as many as smoking’. Best join APEx 60k challenge then! Chris Shaw comments.After the hooo-haaa around the urban-myth nonsensical interpretation of the Report into Exercise and depression a few weeks back here...
An 11 mile Lancastrian Smile – (Written as an active Member of APEx!). Report from Chris Shaw CEO AiW on walks, trundles, swims and thoughts on current mental health system and Wirral’s progressive future.An 11 mile Lancastrian Smile (Written as an active Member of APEx!). Runs, Trundles and Walks with Historical Theme – Ely and...
Looking for Lynda. Advice for those recovering from physical and mental health difficulties on WirralRecovery Wirral received an email from a frustrated Wirral resident struggling to get any meaningful help from her GP for...
Chris Shaw’s Trundling Historic Tales of Y Gododdin and an invitation to an 8 mile Llandudno Trundle on Easter Sunday 8th AprilChris Shaw’s Trundling Historic Tales of Y Gododdin! Plus an invitation to an 8 mile Llandudno Trundle Easter Sunday 8th April We were...
Message from Chris Shaw AiW. Tales of Olympic Torches, Open Water Swims and Running Around the Wirral. Literally! And Some Thoughts on Mental Heath and Impact of Diagnosis.Hi everyone, I am over the moon that our APEX project has been recognised by the Olympics and with being chosen as one...
APEX – Making Opportunities and sometimes taking calculated Risks. Report from Chris Shaw CEO Advocacy in Wirral.APEX – Making Opportunities and sometimes taking calculated Risks I know that it’s a clichéd line now and now’t new, but...
Trail Trundlings Through Traditions and History. Would you like to go jog-walking in the countryside? An invitation from Chris Shaw APEx@AIW.Jog-walking in the beautiful countryside. In mid-February we will be starting a small trundling group focusing on gentle cross country jog-walks...
Chris Shaw AIW and his more than 50 Mile “Over the Hill Challenge” Run around Wirral’s new Circuit Trail!Hi everyone, Bit disjointed grammatically but here’s a hastily written account of a Wirral winter challenge 20thDecember 2011. The idea of having...
Hi A few folk have asked if we could start to train up for a half-marathon next spring – and why...
Monthly Walk to Anglesey, 21st May 10 miles, sandstorm and rain. We love it. APEx Walking Series finishes for the Summer.. Well that’s...
Hi all Another successful walk done. 13 of us went to Hightown for a walk along the coast. After meeting...
New Year Walk, Hilbre, 29th Jan 2011 A Stroll Along The Sand. The walk to Hilbre yesterday was great-with 17 of us...